Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jolly Christmas Tree

Happy Halloween all! 
Not having any young kids in my family I've decided to bypass Halloween cards/items and stay on my Christmas kick.
I love this card as it is so simple to make and looks really cute.




Supplies needed:
Whisper White and Real Red card stock
Basic Grey ink
Jolliest Time of the Year and Many Merry Messages stamp sets
Non-SU supplies (I know--shame on me, but I had so much other stuff before I started with SU that I need to use up so that I can replace it with SU product!)
Swiss Dots folder
1/4" red ribbon
Red gems 


Use Whisper White to make standard card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
Cut Real Red mat 5 1/4" x 4" and attach to card base
Cut Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4" and run through Cuttlebug (or Big Shot) leaving the bottom 1 1/2" unembossed
Stamp "Noel" across the bottom in Basic Grey ink
Wrap a length of red ribbon over meeting of embossed/unembossed parts and secure on rear.
Attach to card
Cut Real Red mat 3 1/4" x 3"
Cut Whisper White 3" x 2 3/4"
Stamp tree in Basic Grey ink and add red gems to resemble ornaments
Attach to red mat and affix to the card base


Ta-da. All done in about five minutes. That's my kind of Christmas card.
Because of the simplicity of this card it would be perfect for mass production assembly line style.
Have a super week everyone!
Hugs,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, this is so cute and adorable! TYFS! I'm your latest follower from SC! (#1 on list A) Stop on by sometime!

    chanda stehlik
    www.onecraftymommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love to read them and they put a smile on my face.