Friday, July 5, 2013

Merry Christmas Card Time

Well, it's only 5 month to Christmas card season! That means it's time to start making all those cards we need to send off to family and loved ones, and I've found something to make it a quicker, easier process.

As a former Stampin' Up! demonstrator I fell in love with the colour Cherry Cobbler for Christmas cards. Making all the card bases from cardstock can get costly, but I discovered the packages of red cards and envelopes at Michaels are almost the same colour! As a bonus, the inside of the card is white for easy stamping/writing. They are larger than the standard 5-1/2 x 4-1/4, but that just gives your more room to be creative. They also come in a size slightly smaller than standard. The large coloured ones come in a package of 40 for $13.99 (here in Canada), but if you get them on sale and/or use a coupon you have more money to spend on crafty goodness (LOL). Total win-win in my books!

They also come in white, cream, kraft and black. You had to know I would buy a rather hefty supply of each!

Here is the first (completed) card of the season.




Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love to read them and they put a smile on my face.